As an important part of our commitment to safety, Royalty keeps a full-time safety director on staff to minimize risk and create a safe work environment for all employees, whether they’re on the roof or in the office.
Royalty’s Safety Director, Ian McPherson, is responsible for managing several initiatives that are intended to give our roofing crews and customers peace of mind when it comes to rooftop safety. Here are a few examples:
- Instilling a “we want to be safe” mindset throughout the company. This means promoting a level of safety awareness that’s equal to the awareness in one’s own home. Employees should take safety personally.
- Ensuring that rooftop safety equipment is maintained and regularly inspected, and educating crews regarding any signs of deterioration in that equipment’s integrity.
- Implementing a Safety Action Team. Each roofing crew has a designated SAT member who makes sure that proper safety measures are in place prior to work starting on the rooftop. This team member will also provide oversight during the day to maintain a high level of safety.
- Directing monthly training sessions that include “toolbox talks” that present pre-written safety information that’s intended to heighten awareness of workplace hazards and OSHA regulations.
- Conducting random job-site and rooftop safety checks to ensure that applicable regulations and company policies are being followed.
The bottom line is that we are striving for a company-wide “safety first” culture. Customers should be confident that Royalty is equally committed to a quality installation and a safe environment for workers and building occupants.
Wishing you a safe 2017.